Electronics Calibration Technician
Monitors, tests, calibrates, and repairs instrumentation and equipment to ensure the accuracy and precision of measurements taken.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform calibration and verification of precision test and measurement diagnostic equipment (TMDE) to include, but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, surge generators, LISNs, CDNs, and low level DC to RF.
- Performs in-house lab and on-site calibrations as required.
- Develops calibration procedures and recommends associated standards.
- Completes applicable documentation related to calibration and repair assignments.
- Ensure all required business tasks are completed in a timely and quality manner.
- Actively participates in a team environment.
- You will travel daily, supporting our local accounts with occasional overnight travel.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Sound critical thinking skills, a strong customer service focus, and ability to effectively communicate via phone, email, memos, logs, etc.
- Strong understanding of RF and EMC testing principles preferred.
- Understanding of electrical systems as well as AC/DC theory with ability to follow detailed calibration procedures.
- Strong understanding of Metrology concepts.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word as well as Fluke MetCal and the ability to quickly adapt to other custom software platforms used in day-to-day calibration activities.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3-5 years relevant experience with formal PMEL training preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Full Health and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Two Weeks Paid Time Off after completion of 120-day probationary period
- 401(k) program with up to 4% company match
Fox Valley Metrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Diverse Work Experience
Ample Advancement Opportunities
Remote Work Opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Match Plan
- HSA Match Plan
- Medical Plan
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company Sponsored Events
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement