Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Assists in the shipping and receiving of company and customer goods and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Makes arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department manager.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of warehouse procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word as well as the ability to quickly adapt to other custom software platforms used in day-to-day business operations.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Must have a clean driving record for use of company vehicles.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience with working in a shipping and receiving environment
- Full Health and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Two Weeks Paid Time Off after completion of 120-day probationary period
- 401(k) program with up to 4% company match
Fox Valley Metrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Diverse Work Experience
Ample Advancement Opportunities
Remote Work Opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Match Plan
- HSA Match Plan
- Medical Plan
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company Sponsored Events
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement